Directed by Peter Rothstein
Musical Direction by Victor Zupanc
Choreography by Kelli Foster Warder
It’s a goose-bump-inducing, gorgeous production that fills the stage and the hearts of everyone who watches it. Times are tough, spirits are low, and the world is in dire need of hope. Enter, stage left: a delightful underdog — a cute, yet mischievously feisty little girl. She takes on the world and, with an equal share of moxie and music, unlocks hearts and changes lives through kindness, love, and spirit.
- Saturday, August 10th from 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Sunday, August 11th from 10:00AM-5:00PM
*Please Note: these details may be subject to change prior to sign-up, please lookback at these details periodically
- CTC's Annie artistic team will be auditioning for all student actor roles in Annie. Youth ages 10-18 Interested in auditioning for Annie will do all of the following:
o Upon sign-up will be placed in a group of 10-15 students
o Students will be given a song to sing in their group and will have time to sing individually with our Music Director, Victor Zupanc.
o Following singing, students will participate in an exercise of improv with our Director of Annie, Peter Rothstein.
- Callbacks will take place on Monday, August 12th from 3-8PM and Wednesday, August 14th 3-8PM.Please be prepared for these dates in the case you are invited to one of these callbacks.Notice of Callback will go out the night of August 11th.
- Sign-up link for Annie Auditions will go up on Friday, July 26th.
o You will sign-up through a Airtable link that will bring you to an information form.
o Once you have sign-up, you will receive an email prior to your audition about reminder details on what to expect.
o Please take a moment and fill out our Auditions Form, Conflicts Form (run dates of Annie below), and Photo/Video Waiver Form all on the right side of this page highlighted in blue. PLEASE NOTE. Do not submit forms online and please bring to the audition directly. If you have any issues printing, then please email your forms to email@example.com before Wednesday, August 7th at 5:00PM.
- Both August 10th and 11th will take place at CTC in our Rehearsal Hall 3M space on the 4th Floor, near the South side of the building along Third Avenue.
- CTC is located at 2400 Third Avenue S in Minneapolis, and is connected to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Mia). Those who audition should enter through the Stage Door entrance.
ANNIE RUN DATES
- First Rehearsal: March 17, 2020
- Opening: April 24, 2020
- Closing: June 21, 2020
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Annie Auditions”
Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds Auditions
Directed by Sha Cage
Musical Direction by Sanford Moore
Ziggy’s afraid to leave the house. He’s too busy worrying about tropical storms, evil spirits, and a sneaky, freaky, hair-grabbing Duppy! But, with the help of some feathered friends, Ziggy learns “every little thing is gonna be alright.” A musical that jams Jamaican style, it’s a timeless tale of peace and love, and of course, Bob Marley, man.
Things to Know About the Show
- This is a musical featuring the music of Bob Marley, performed by a small group of actor/dancer/singers.
- This show is based on the book Three Little Birds written by Bob Marley’s daughter, Cedella Marley.
- Jamaican dialect and phrases are used. Characters use phrases and count in multiple languages including Spanish, Swahili, Chinese, and Hindi!
Children’s Theatre Company is looking for actors of color for this audition call. See below for more details:
- 16-32 bars of a song
- 1-minute monologue (comedic monologue preferred, but not required)
CTC's artistic team is casting for the following roles:
- ZIGGY – a sweet but cautious boy with long dreadlocks, from Cattawood Springs, a small village on the Island of Jamaica. 11 years old. We are seeking a young male actor of African American or Afro-Caribbean descent, 13-17 years old, who is a confident singer and dancer. The role demands deep emotion as well as humor and joy.
- NANSI – a sassy, mischievous girl also from Cattawood Springs. Also 11 years old. Nansi also plays several chorus roles. We are seeking a young female actor of African American or Afro-Caribbean or Indian descent, 13-17 years old, who is a confident singer and dancer. The role demands comedy, playfulness, joy, and tenderness.
SATURDAY, July 27th from 10:00AM-2PM
(NEXT DAY) SUNDAY, July 28th from 10:00AM-1PM
Three Little Birds Run Dates:
- First Rehearsal: December 17th, 2019
Opening: January 24th, 2020
Closing: March 1st, 2020
If you are a student actor and would like to audition for Three Little Bird's, please click on this link and sig-up through our Airtable form, along with selecting a slot for the day of auditions here: TLB Auditions Sign-Up
- Questions? Email email@example.com with the subject line “TLB Auditions”