Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds Auditions
Directed by Sha Cage
Musical Direction by Sanford Moore
Ziggy’s afraid to leave the house. He’s too busy worrying about tropical storms, evil spirits, and a sneaky, freaky, hair-grabbing Duppy! But, with the help of some feathered friends, Ziggy learns “every little thing is gonna be alright.” A musical that jams Jamaican style, it’s a timeless tale of peace and love, and of course, Bob Marley, man.
Things to Know About the Show
- This is a musical featuring the music of Bob Marley, performed by a small group of actor/dancer/singers.
- This show is based on the book Three Little Birds written by Bob Marley’s daughter, Cedella Marley.
- Jamaican dialect and phrases are used. Characters use phrases and count in multiple languages including Spanish, Swahili, Chinese, and Hindi!
Children’s Theatre Company is looking for actors of color for this audition call. See below for more details:
- 16-32 bars of a song
- 1-minute monologue (comedic monologue preferred, but not required)
ROLES (African/ African American)
- (Youth role) Ziggy – a timid boy with long dreadlocks – 11 (played by a youth 11-18 years)
- (Adult Role) Duppy - an evil spirit bird with a head full of human hair taken from children, 30’s
- (Also: Villager #1/Great Grandfather Spanish Bird)
- (Adult Role) Cedella – Ziggy’s Mother, 40’s (Also Montego, a bird/Spanish Bird#1/Great Aunt African Bird)
- (Adult Role) Tacoomah – a bird (plays – Villager #2/Great Grandmother British Bird/Cousin Chinese Bird
ROLES (Actors of Colors)
- (Youth Role) Nansi – a trickster girl – 11 (Also: Spanish Bird#2/British Colonizer Bird, Sister Indian Bird)
- (Adult Role) Doctor Bird – a lucky bird, Ziggy’s pet and best friend, 20’s
- Adult Call | Date & Time TBD
- Youth Call | Date & Time TBD
Adult/Youth Callbacks (with 7 min slots)
Date & Time TBD
- First Rehearsal: December 17th, 2019
Opening: January 24th, 2020
Closing: March 1st, 2020
- Questions? Email email@example.com with the subject line “TLB Auditions”
Annie Student Auditions
Save the Date: Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 10 and 11th. information to come on July 17th.
- First Rehearsal: March 17, 2020
- Opening: April 24, 2020
- Closing: June 21, 2020
CTC GENERAL CASTING STATEMENT
Children’s Theatre Company is actively recruiting and seeking performers from under-represented communities including, but not limited to, people of color, performers with disabilities, and LGBTQ performers for all casting, recognizing the value and importance of reflecting the diversity of our audience on stage.
“The nation’s leading theater for young audiences.” – TIME Magazine Winner of the 2003 Tony® Award for Regional Theater