It’s an open rebellion on Miss Trunchbull and we need YOU to be Children’s Theatre Company’s next Matilda, Bruce Bogtrotter, or Amanda Thripp!
Tony Award-winning Children’s Theatre Company is holding auditions for ALL STUDENT ROLES for the four-time Tony Award-winning production of Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical at Mall of America on August 18, 2018 between 9:30am to 3:30pm!
CTC encourages fierce students of any/all genders, racial backgrounds, abilities, and experience levels to audition. The theatre is especially looking for strong actor/singer/dancers grades 4-12 (ages 10-18). Must be available for rehearsals beginning March 21 and performances running April 28 through June 23, 2019.
There will be additional surprises, pop-up performances, register-to-win tickets, activities, and ticket kiosks to purchase tickets to CTC’s productions as well. Come celebrate the power of kids to transform our world with CTC at Mall of America!
Important Info for the Little Book Worms
- This live audition will take place in the Rotunda at Mall of America.
- Click the button below to register in advance. A limited number of spots in each timeslot will be held for those wishing to sign up the day of the audition., but we strongly encourage signing up for a time slot.
- Each audition is approximately 20 minutes in length. Please check in at the table in the Rotunda at least 20 minutes before your audition time, or you risk losing your spot.
- During each audition, a group of students will learn a piece of music together from the show with the Music Director. Each student will sing individually and in an ensemble. There may also be a short improvisation exercise with Director Peter Brosius. We won’t throw anyone in the chokey or make anyone eat a whole chocolate cake—as much fun as that sounds.
- Students will be required to sign a photo/video waiver.
- Students can audition without a parent/guardian, however they must have their parent/guardian sign the photo/video waiver in advance and bring it with them. If a student attends the audition without the signed photo/video waiver, their audition slot will be forfeited and given to someone on the waiting list.
- If you have a resume and headshot/photo, please bring it with you. Don’t worry if you have neither!
- Children’s Theatre Company is looking for young people for future productions as well. Your materials and audition may be used for consideration for other CTC shows in the future.
- CTC will notify you if you will be asked to come in for the call-back audition. Details about the call-back will be available at the audition.
Ready to sign up? Click the button below to begin the registration process! Once you are registered, please fill out the Student Audition Form and Photo/Video Waiver forms on the right-hand side of this page and bring them with you to the audition.
Casting for a role in I Come From Arizona
- Understudy to Jesus
- Latino Boys ages 8-15
- No Singing/Dance skills needed
- Strong Acting skills valuable
CTC Seeks Teen Male Student Actors of Color for Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
Children's Theatre Company seeks student actors ages 10-17 for multiple roles in our 2018-2019 holiday production of Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas!, which will be directed by CTC Artistic Director, Peter C. Brosius, choreography by Linda Talcott Lee with music direction by Victor Zupanc.
Rehearsals begin October 9th, 2018, opening performance is November 9th, 2018 and runs through January 6th, 2019. CTC performs up to 10 shows per week that includes student matinees and evening performances Tuesday through Friday and back-to-back performances on weekends.
Anyone interested in an audition timeslot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- STUDENT NAME
- STUDENT AGE
- HEADSHOT/CURRENT PHOTO if available
- PARENT/ GUARDIAN NAME
- MAIN CONTACT INFO
- SUBJECT LINE: GRINCH AUDITIONS
CTC CASTING STATEMENT: Children’s Theatre Company is actively recruiting and seeking performers of color, performers of all abilities, and LGBTQ performers for all casting, recognizing the value and importance of reflecting the diversity of our audience on stage. As a national leader in the field, Children’s Theatre Company serves our region’s intergenerational audience of over 265,000 children, teachers, families, and community members.