Development/Special Events Internship (Summer-Fall 2019)
The Development Internship is designed for individuals interested in learning more about the field of resource development, with a concentration on special events. The ideal candidate for the internship will have exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills. This internship runs from May 28, 2019 through September 13, 2019 but is somewhat flexible.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the Curtain Call Ball—annual gala fundraiser—which will be held on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at Children’s Theatre Company. Learning outcomes: event planning, communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, attention to detail, and time management.
- Solicitation and acceptance of silent/live/online auction donations. This could include assistance with research, solicitation mailings, solicitation calls, entering donations into Auction Harmony (donation tracking software), and assisting the auction committees in the collection & presentation of the items. Learning outcomes: fundraising strategies/implementation, communication skills, database management, organization, and interpersonal relations.
- Input data, database clean-up and creation of reports for department. Learning outcomes: database management and analysis
- Serve on the Curtain Call Ball Committee, Auction Subcommittee, and the Communications Subcommittee. Learning outcomes: communication, interpersonal relations, and leadership skills
- Implement and execute a socia media campaign in tandem with CTC's marketing department. Learning outcomes: communication and writing skills, social media strategy, and marketing skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
To ensure an optimal experience, the following is required of the intern:
- Able to work 24 hours per week in June and July and 32 hours in August and September.
- Must be able to attend the Curtain Call Ball on September 7, 2019
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with social media, experience managing and marketing events on Facebook preferred but not required
- Prior event experience preferred but not required.
Travel and Expense Allowance:
To assist the intern with the costs associated with travel and other internship related expenses (e.g. appropriate event attire, as the event is black-tie/cocktail attire), CTC will provide a $1,200 stipend for 16 weeks of service. If internship time extends past the original 16 weeks, the stipend amount will be raised appropriately. Limited time off will be granted if arranged at the start of internship. Sick time may be taken when appropriate.
SUMMER 2019 APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 22, 2019