Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award® for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge, and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, innovative education programs, and community partnerships.
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Associate. This is a part-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Provide service to customers in a manner consistent with the high quality performance and service standards of the Theatre by following customer service policies and procedures. Process single ticket, season ticket, and Theatre Arts Training class orders over the telephone, through the mail, and at the ticket office.
• Answer ticket office phone lines and help patrons in person at the ticket office in a pleasant and timely manner, providing a consistently high level of customer service.
• Process single ticket, season ticket, student matinee payments, and Theatre Arts Training orders by phone, mail or in person.
• Do external telemarketing calls to renewing subscribers.
• Complete necessary data entry, paperwork and procedures for accurate record-keeping and sales.
• Accurately process all forms of payment for reservations, including occasional cash transactions.
• Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
• Attend trainings and meetings as required.
• Provide additional ticket office and marketing support as required.
Preferred candidates will have a professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Candidate must be articulate and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as good attention to detail and sound decision making ability.
Experience with computerized ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) and phone sales preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel a plus. Previous experience in an arts organization a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must show a willingness to learn new technology and adapt easily to system changes.
MUST be available at least 12 hours per week; availability must include at least one weeknight AND one weekend day. Flexible night and weekend availability preferred.
The Development Data Assistant supports the fundraising efforts of Children’s Theatre Company through management of the donor database and general stewardship and administrative support for the development team. This position is expected to ensure that all donor information and fundraising related activities are accurately recorded in Tessitura. This includes timely and efficient data entry, verification, and reporting on the database. The Development Data Assistant is one of the development department’s key users for Tessitura and serves as a source of knowledge and expertise about the database. The position is responsible for training other development staff on Tessitura. A core responsibility of the position includes continually evaluating and improving data related processes.
• Ensure integrity/accuracy of database records and system functionality by serving as department data leader:
o Set guidelines and systems for department regarding data entry and data standards.
o Evaluate, develop and maintain centralized procedures for data management and reporting.
o Determine business rules for Tessitura. Communicate business rules to team and enforce use of them.
o Verify accuracy of donor data in database: address changes, contact updates, coding changes and other data entry.
o Serve as key Tessitura expert for development department.
o Ensure confidentiality and reliability of data and proprietary information.
o Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
• Develop, execute and refine process to ensure successful gift entry:
o Complete daily gift entry through batch process.
o Generate acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
o Prepare biweekly deposits and reconcile results with accounting department.
o Track pledges and generate regular pledge reminders.
o Create campaign and appeal structures in Tessitura.
o Communicate with donors when there are questions about gifts or pledges.
• Facilitate the development department’s expense budget tracking:
o Initiate and track purchase orders, credit card purchases, and office expenses.
o Update budget tracking document, in a timely manner.
o Ensure the department’s expense budget reconciles with accounting’s on a monthly basis.
• Provide general Tessitura support:
o Pull reports and lists as necessary for review, solicitations, benefit fulfillment, etc.
o Maintain accurate donor records and provide updated information for database reporting.
o Track donor moves and touches in Tessitura.
o Perform routine clerical tasks; copying, faxing, filing, ordering office supplies.
o File donor correspondence and documentation in a timely manner.
o Other miscellaneous tasks.
• Assist with the implementation of fundraising events such as Curtain Call Ball, Business and Arts Series and other stewardship and cultivation events as needed.
• Serve as a member of the overall development team by collaborating with colleagues on donor strategies.
• Attend staff meetings as directed.
• Special projects or other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability in database entry, Tessitura experience preferred.
• Accurate data entry skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Ability to enter data and create queries and reports in databases.
• Proficiency at Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of computer database administration.
• Knowledge of effective research techniques using the internet and other databases.
• Skills in managing multiple sources of information concurrently.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on time and with accuracy
• Mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidential information and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
• Detailed-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resourceful, critical thinker with the ability to problem-solve
• Abides by AFP Code of Ethics, Charities Review Council Standards and related standards
• Proficiency and experience with information technology and basic accounting principles
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
This position reports to the Managing Director, but as in all producing companies, an effective working relationship must be forged with the Artistic Director as well. The successful candidate for this position will have a strong, proven track-record in marketing, brand management, audience development, customer service and will be a keen strategist. An understanding of transactional data management, evaluation, and analysis is essential. Serious candidates will also have the skills to effectively manage and inspire a staff team as well as partner with other departments. Finally, candidates will have an understanding of and strong experience in budget planning and fiscal management.
* Collaborate regularly and forge effective working relationships with the Managing, Director, Artistic Director, and senior staff team.
* Develop strategic and tactical marketing and communication plans that support CTC’s overall patron development, including revenue and attendance goals.
* Develop annual and long range institutional, programmatic and show specific marketing and communication plans that align with the strategic plan.
* Lead and supervise the implementation of all marketing, communications, public relations, web and social media, publications, promotions and sales plans to position the organization overall and achieve earned revenue goals through single ticket and season subscription sales annually.
* Devise and supervise database and market research projects including analysis and interpretation of data for ongoing improvement of marketing plans.
* Plan, manage and execute branding, positioning, messaging, market research, media planning, market segmentation, targeting and pricing strategies.
* Oversee audience services which includes front-of-house, concessions, gift shop and box office operations to ensure excellent customer service.
* Define and assess opportunities for development of new and existing audiences.
* Monitor cultural trends and peer organizations to identify new opportunities.
* Collaborate with the Director of Development to deploy strategies in support of institutional patron development goals.
* Hire, supervise, motivate, and support a strong and strategically-focused marketing team including ticketing/customer service, marketing, communications, graphic design, and group sales.
* Continually assess departmental capabilities and identify resources for staff development.
* Cultivate an innovative and positive working environment that enables growth in new technology and marketing practices.
* Develop and monitor earned revenue projections; provide data analysis, modeling and dynamic pricing procedures.
* Plan and execute all subscription renewal / acquisition campaigns and single ticket initiatives, currently generating up to $5.8million in revenue annually.
* Develop and oversee income and expense budgets for marketing and communications as well as front of house and box office.
* Focus on branding CTC in the marketplace and create new opportunities for visibility.
* Direct the development of all visual and print materials and images for the entire organization, maintaining the strength, integrity and consistency of the CTC visual identity and image.
* Establish and implement web development strategies as well as oversee the CTC website content and design
* Develop effective social media programs for the company.
* Deep knowledge and implementation of customer service best practices.
* Significant experience with subscription and single ticket campaigns in a large performing arts environment or relevant industry. Although theater experience is preferred, this is not a prerequisite.
* Track-record of successful team leadership, creating a positive, collaborative and productive culture.
* Deep knowledge of pricing, statistics, market segmentation strategies, and tactical execution.
* Experience in brand strategy and management.
* Experience with quantitative research, ROI, and patron behavior analysis.
* Knowledge of social media and web platforms and strategies
* Exceptional writing, communication, editing and graphic design evaluation skills.
* Knowledge of /experience with Tessitura a plus, although not a requirement.
* Experience working with Development and other revenue generating departments.
* Commitment to positively impacting a multigenerational set of patrons through live performance.
* A collaborative and team-oriented approach.
* Professionalism and solid judgement.
* An active, energetic, and curious mind.
* High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to think conceptually and specifically.
* Ability to derive deep satisfaction from facilitating the best work of others.
Working knowledge of the following tools and their accessories: radial arm saw, table saw, band saw, cold saw, planer, jointer, drill press, miter box, wood lathe, router, sanders, MIG welding equipment, sewing machine, electrical and pneumatic power hand tools.
Please send application letter and resume to email@example.com