All Adult and Youth auditions for Children’s Theatre Company shows are listed here and on MinnesotaPlaylist.com. CTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We advocate for diversity throughout the organization and strongly encourage applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups.
Auditions for adult Equity and non-Equity actors are held periodically throughout the year. Preparation is needed and based on the specific needs of each production. Adult actor positions are paid.
Auditions for youths (student actors) between the ages of 8 and 18 are held at various times during the year depending on the needs of each production. Typically, we hold auditions anywhere from 6-9 months in advance of the production’s first rehearsal. Our auditions for student actors are usually group-style format. Each audition notice will detail the specifics of who we are looking for, what the actor will do (e.g. sing, dance, monologues, etc.) and how to schedule an audition. All auditions are by appointment only. The student actor positions are unpaid.
Some Theatre Arts Training classes and camps require an audition before enrolling.
Student Casting Call
At Children’s Theatre Company
Directed by Peter Rothstein
Choreographed by Kelli Foster Warder
Music Direction by Victor Zupanc
Times are tough, spirits are low, and the world is in dire need of hope. In the depths of the 1930s, Annie is a good-natured, yet mischievously feisty, young orphan girl who lives in a miserable orphanage run by the tyrannical Miss Hannigan. Her seemingly hopeless situation changes dramatically when she is selected to spend a short time at the residence of the wealthy industrialist, Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks. Quickly she charms the hearts of the household staff, and even the apparently cold-hearted Warbucks cannot help but learn to love her. He decides to help Annie find her long-lost parents. With his help, she takes on the world and, with an equal share of moxie and music, she unlocks hearts and changes lives through kindness, love and spirit.
Things to Know About the Show
- This show was set to start rehearsal last March just as the pandemic struck. The bulk of the students that were cast at that time will still be in the production. We are looking for some remaining roles.
- There is a live dog in the production.
- The orphans live in an orphanage where they are verbally abused and shoved around by Miss Hannigan.
- For adoptive families and adopted children, Annie’s firm belief that her parents are still alive, and her eventual discovery of the truth, could be difficult for some.
- Rooster threatens to make Annie “disappear.”
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of young people to tell our stories onstage. We strongly encourage and welcome student actors who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities. We are gender-inclusive – all are welcome.
Due to our current COVID protocol, we will only be casting youth 12-18 who are fully vaccinated.
ORPHANS – Seeking students who are 12 years old and 4’10” or under to play 3 orphan girls.
RUGRAT/BERT HEALY UNDERSTUDY – Seeking student to play a boy who would be part of the chorus ensemble and understudy the role of Bert Healy. This person needs to be 5’0” and under with an unchanged voice.
TEEN ENSEMBLE – We are looking for teen ensemble members and understudies who are strong singers and dancers.
October 5, 2021 through January 9, 2022
We rehearse/perform Tuesday through Sunday – after school and all day on the weekends. There would be a ten-week period (November 2 – January 9) in which students would be required to work with their schools to be out of school during our technical rehearsals and for student matinee performances
Please note there are TWO LINKS below that you must complete to be fully signed up (Time Slot AND Audition Form)
Monday, August 16, 2021 from 3–9:20pm
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 from 3–9:20pm
- We will be holding these auditions in person at the Children’s Theatre Company at 2400 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis MN 55404.
- We share the building with the Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia). Our entrance for auditions is through the Stage Door on the south side of the building across from the parking ramp.
- We will be following our COVID protocol for these auditions – everyone will be masked. More information will be sent closer to the audition date.
- ORPHANS – To sign up for a time slot, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054FABAA23A5FA7-ctcstudent2
- RUGRATS – To sign up for a time slot, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054FABAA23A5FA7-ctcstudent3
- TEEN ENSEMBLE – To sign up for a time slot, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054FABAA23A5FA7-ctcstudent4
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Please follow this link https://airtable.com/shrAxP6qcE1iGYJtB to fill out our audition form.
- There is no need to prepare anything. We will teach you a song and a dance combination during the time of the audition.
If the artistic team would like to see you again to spend more time with the work, those callback times will be Wednesday, August 18 from 3:00pm – 9:00pm. Please be aware that we will be contacting people Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning to set up callback times. It will be a quick turnaround.
To ensure the safety of our company and audiences from COVID-19, we will follow all CDC guidelines, along with our industry union approved protocols throughout the production period. All company members must be fully vaccinated by September 1, 2021 (if they are able) and provide proof of vaccination.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.