Single Ticket Policies
Single tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same title up to 24 hours prior to the performance you are scheduled to attend, while subscription tickets may be exchanged up to 2 hours prior. Complimentary and group tickets are not exchangeable. All exchanges are subject to availability and exchange fees. Any amount left over as a result of an exchange is not refundable, and any amount owed as a result of an exchange is due at the time the exchange is made. There are no refunds.
Exchanges can be made in person, over the phone at 612.874.0400, or through our online ticket exchange form (exchanges cannot be handled via email).
Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the theatre. Lap passes are available for all shows that take place in the UnitedHealth Group Stage for children 3 years and under. Lap passes are $5 and can be only be purchased in person at the Ticket Office on the day of the show. Lap passes are a final sale.
For productions taking place in our Cargill Theatre, productions recommended for all ages will have a lap pass age of 18 months and under; productions recommended for children ages 8+ will not have lap passes available.
Unattended Minor Policy
Children under the age of 16 may not attend CTC productions without an adult in their party.
CTC does not offer compensation for missed performances or refunds on ticket purchases. CTC rarely cancels performances due to inclement weather. If you are concerned or unsure about traveling in inclement weather, we recommend you prioritize safety, and exchange your tickets as early as possible.
Stranding Single Seats
Because children must be accompanied by an adult at all performances, CTC maintains a policy of not stranding single seats for single ticket orders. This helps us ensure that as many parties as possible can sit together at our performances. Single seats may appear on the charts due to exchanges.
A $4 per-ticket service charge is added to online and phone orders. There are no service charges for in-person orders.
There are no refunds on ticket purchases.
Subscribers can exchange tickets for another performance of the same title up to 2 hours prior to their scheduled performance.
- All subscribers have unlimited no-fee exchanges. However, if a subscriber moves to a more expensive zone or performance, the subscriber is responsible for the difference owed.
- Opening Weekend subscribers can exchange to any Saturday or Sunday performance in the first weekend without occurring additional ticket costs. If exchanging to another performance that is not labeled a Opening Weekend Performance, subscribers will be responsible for the difference in ticket price.
- Preview Subscribers can exchange to either Preview Tuesday, Preview Wednesday, or Preview Thursday without occurring additional ticket costs. If exchanging to another performance that is not labeled a Preview Performance, subscribers will be responsible for the difference in ticket price.
Any subscription add-on tickets are subject to regular subscriber exchange policies.
Missed Show Benefit
Missed your show? Just bring your unused tickets to the rush line of any other public performance of the same title and we’ll exchange them for our best available tickets! The rush line starts 2 hours prior to the performance and tickets are subject to availability.
The following subscriber discounts apply to all add-on tickets:
- Full Season Subscribers save 35% on any additional add-ons year round.
- 3 Play and Create-Your-Own Subscribers save 25% on any additional add-ons year round.
- Opening Weekend and Preview Subscribers do not receive any additional discounts.
- Full Season Play and 3 Play Subscribers receive 15% off Theatre Arts Training classes.
All add-on tickets are subject to dynamic pricing.
Lap passes cannot be purchased as part of a subscription. Lap passes may only be purchased in person on the date of your scheduled performance.