Development Data Assistant
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Data Assistant. This is a full-time position with Monday through Friday office hours. This position requires someone who is knowledgeable about data entry and database administration, skilled at creating and/or managing administrative processes, and who is an efficient and organized worker focused on accuracy. Applicants for this role should have a strong customer service orientation, robust communication skills and familiarity with fundraising procedures in non-profit organizations.
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C. Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge, and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity, and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
The Development Data Assistant supports the fundraising efforts of Children’s Theatre Company through management of the donor database and general stewardship and administrative support for the development team. This position is expected to ensure that all donor information and fundraising related activities are accurately recorded in Tessitura. This includes timely and efficient data entry, verification, and reporting on the database. The Development Data Assistant is one of the development department’s key users for Tessitura and serves as a source of knowledge and expertise about the database. The position is responsible for training other development staff on Tessitura. A core responsibility of the position includes continually evaluating and improving data-related processes.
Ensure integrity/accuracy of database records and system functionality by serving as department data leader:
- Set guidelines and systems for department regarding data entry and data standards
- Evaluate, develop and maintain centralized procedures for data management and reporting
- Determine business rules for Tessitura. Communicate business rules to team and enforce use of them
- Verify accuracy of donor data in database: address changes, contact updates, coding changes, and other data entry
- Serve as key Tessitura expert for development department
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of data and proprietary information
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed
Gift Entry & Acknowledgment Fulfillment
Develop, execute, and refine process to ensure successful gift entry:
- Complete daily gift entry through batch process
- Generate acknowledgment letters in a timely manner
- Prepare biweekly deposits and reconcile results with accounting department
- Track pledges and generate regular pledge reminders
- Create campaign and appeal structures in Tessitura
- Communicate with donors when there are questions about gifts or pledges
Facilitate the development department’s expense budget tracking:
- Initiate and track purchase orders, credit card purchases, and office expenses
- Update budget tracking document, in a timely manner
- Ensure the department’s expense budget reconciles with Accounting on a monthly basis
Provide general Tessitura support:
- Pull reports and lists as necessary for review, solicitations, benefit fulfillment, etc.
- Maintain accurate donor records and provide updated information for database reporting
- Track donor moves and touches in Tessitura
Provide general office support for the development team:
- Perform routine clerical tasks; copying, faxing, filing, ordering office supplies
- File donor correspondence and documentation in a timely manner
- Other miscellaneous tasks
- Assist with the implementation of fundraising events such as Curtain Call Ball, Business and Arts Series, and other stewardship and cultivation events as needed
- Serve as a member of the overall development team by collaborating with colleagues on donor strategies
- Attend staff meetings as directed
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in accurate data entry and creating queries and reports in databases
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Knowledge of computer database administration
- Knowledge of effective research techniques using the internet and other databases
- Skills in managing multiple sources of information concurrently
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work on time and with accuracy
- Mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidential information and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Detailed-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, critical thinker with the ability to problem-solve
- Abides by AFP Code of Ethics, Charities Review Council Standards and related standards
- Proficiency and experience with information technology and basic accounting principles
- Database experience required; Tessitura experience preferred
- Experience and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred, but not required
- A commitment to ethical conduct in all respects of the work environment
- A commitment to creating a just, equitable and inclusive work environment
- A commitment to the protection of confidential information to which this position has access
Starting pay range for this full-time position is an hourly rate between $18.75 and $20.20. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; nine paid holidays; and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
TO APPLY Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.