Safety and Security Associate
Children’s Theatre Company is seeking a security professional with a strong customer service orientation for the position of Safety and Security Associate. This is a part-time position with a scheduled shift of 3 to 11pm for two to three nights a week including weekends. The position will average 16 to 20 hours per week with the ability to pick up shifts. This position is not benefit eligible.
Safety and Security Associates are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of patrons, staff, and visitors to Children’s Theatre Company.
- Monitor and review CTC buildings and grounds to ensure they are safe and secure
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for all guests and staff
- Ensure only authorized staff, students, and visitors are permitted into the facility and all guests have signed in
- Resolve any security incidents, and in the events of an elevated security incident, notify the police department to ensure the safety of staff and patrons in CTC facilities. Document all happenings in daily shift reports.
- Be aware of all fire, safety and access procedures and implement the appropriate responses related to those situations.
- Complete tasks at the Stage Door to ensure efficient and productive daily operations.
- Communicate with House Manager, Performance Supervisors, and Ticket Office Supervisor during performances
- Project the brand image of CTC through actions and behaviors at the Stage Door and Front Lobby
Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Availability to work nights and weekends. Previous building security experience and experience working with the general public. Previous experience with computer monitored security systems and facility monitoring.
Positive, calm, professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Excellent customer service and management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people. Good attention to detail and sound decision making ability during all types of situations, including ones involving high stress and emergencies. Must be able to work independently and self-motivate. A passion for the arts is a plus.
- Previous security and safety experience
- Customer service experience including working with diverse groups of people
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly learn institutional programs such as Paycom and security cameras.
Certificates & Licenses:
The position is required to be certified in CPR/AED/First Aid. Training is provided for candidates who do not already possess this certification. This position is also required to be certified in Active Shooter, Fire Evacuation, and Medical situation preparedness related to safety of guests and staff. Training is provided.
This position is located at the Stage Door. This position can expect constant contact with the public and varying noise levels.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson at email@example.com. Please include the title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Director of Plays for New Audiences
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Plays for New Audiences. The position requires a self-starter with an attention to detail. CTC has identified PNA as an area of strategic importance for growth, and the Director of PNA must be an individual excited about the opportunities the business presents, and eager for the chance to grow a dynamic segment of CTC. This is a regular full-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, 8 paid holidays and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
The Director of Plays for New Audiences (PNA) is responsible for managing the entire business of PNA including financials, marketing, sales, contracts, and customer support. This individual must interact successfully with a wide range of personalities including staff, artists, volunteers, board members, committee members, donors and the general public.
PNA is the script licensing program of the Children’s Theatre Company in Minneapolis (CTC), the leading theatre for multi-generational audiences. CTC is well-known for commissioning scripts that are topical, contemporary, and written by some of today’s leading playwrights. In addition to CTC’s body of work, PNA also represents a cannon of sophisticated, high-quality plays and musicals for multigenerational audiences created by respected playwrights nationally and internationally. The entire catalogue contains over 300 scripts. Through its service to the larger theatrical community, PNA is a catalyst to drive the American theatre to new heights.
- Direct and manage CTC’s play licensing business, including annual revenue goals
- Develop relationships with playwrights, producers, and other artistic leaders in an effort to secure new properties for the PNA catalogue. With General Manager, participate in the negotiations for and acquisition of rights for those properties.
- Build and activate a sales plan that segments product and markets to grow number of licenses produced from the PNA catalogue
- Maintain a high level of customer service and response time to script licensing requests, royalty quotes, perusal script orders, and other customer questions/concerns
- Create the PNA annual budget, including both projected expenses and sales/revenue forecast
- Update PNA financial reports and process weekly deposits. Reconcile PNA financials with CTC Finance Director’s financial reports monthly, and providing final reports for the annual audit
- Create and implement a PNA marketing plan, including e-newsletters, website updates, advertisements, conferences, direct mail, and other marketing opportunities. This includes writing copy for printed materials, e-news and the website, as well as acquiring images and design.
- With General Manager, draft contracts to obtain licensing rights with artists, publishers, theaters, and other individuals. Maintain records on the status of current contracts, renewing as they expire.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in project management
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in sales and customer service
- Demonstrated skills in contract negotiation preferred
- Demonstrated ability in business finance preferred
- Sales – Ability to manage the sales process, manage customer relationships and manage oneself in the sales process
- Analytical – Capacity to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Communication – excellent oral and written communications skills
- Self-Motivated – Ability to organize, direct and effectively motivate oneself
- Relationship Building – ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to rapid pace in a changing workplace
- Nimbleness – Ability to quickly shift direction or focus to respond to changing market conditions or new opportunities
- Time Management – Ability to manage the available time to organize and complete work efficiently and effectively within given deadlines
- Detail Oriented – Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Budget – Ability to plan and work within budget parameters
- Integrity – Ability to act with the highest ethical standards in making work related decisions
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Power Point, Shopify and WordPress a plus, but not required. Experience in working with accounting software, especially QuickBooks. Experience with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Ticket Office Associate
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Associate. This is a part-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Provide service to customers in a manner consistent with the high-quality performance and service standards of the Theatre by following customer service policies and procedures. Process single ticket, season ticket, and Theatre Arts Training class orders over the telephone, through the mail, and at the ticket office.
- Answer ticket office phone lines and help patrons in person at the ticket office in a pleasant and timely manner, providing a consistently high level of customer service.
- Process single ticket, season ticket, student matinee payments, and Theatre Arts Training orders by phone, mail or in person.
- Do external telemarketing calls to renewing subscribers.
- Complete necessary data entry, paperwork and procedures for accurate record-keeping and sales.
- Accurately process all forms of payment for reservations, including occasional cash transactions.
- Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.
- Provide additional ticket office and marketing support as required.
Preferred candidates will have a professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Candidate must be articulate and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as good attention to detail and sound decision-making ability.
Experience with computerized ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) and phone sales preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel a plus. Previous experience in an arts organization a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must show a willingness to learn new technology and adapt easily to system changes.
MUST be available at least 12 hours per week; availability must include at least one weeknight AND one weekend day. Flexible night and weekend availability preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Children’s Theatre Company is looking for overhire staff for the upcoming season. Overhire are employed on an as needed basis which varies throughout the year based on the needs of each production. All overhire positions may range in both required experiences and length of commitment. These positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 13 and are paid on an hourly basis.
CTC is seeking qualified overhire scenic carpenters to work in the scene shop. Position duties can include but are not limited to carpentry, welding, rigging, load in and strike.
Requirements for carpenters:
Practical experience in a similar shop. Experience that includes but is not limited to: all wood materials, steel products, foams, fiberglass, electricity, fabrics, paints and chemical solvents.
Working knowledge of the following tools and their accessories: radial arm saw, table saw, band saw, cold saw, planer, jointer, drill press, miter box, wood lathe, router, sanders, MIG welding equipment, sewing machine, electrical and pneumatic power hand tools.
Please send application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org