February 21 - March 31, 2023
Due to popularity, student matinee performances of Corduroy are limited. Because of limited availability, not all groups will be accommodated. CTC will keep you updated on availability based on the information provided below.
Minimum group size is 10. Open only to Pre-K/K-12 educational groups.
Questions? Contact School Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Lead should be a teacher who will be present on your field trip. Group Lead is responsible for submitting final numbers & payment.
CTC emails confirmation, invoices, receipt, reminders, and production information to this address. Group Lead is responsible for forwarding invoice if payment will be issued by secretary/district/other party.
- CTC’s receipt and invoicing system frequently gets caught in spam filters. Please add email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted list of contacts. If this is not possible please provide another email address to ensure you receive a confirmation.
Children’s Theatre Company is located in Minneapolis, MN
Student matinee reservations are open to educational groups of 10+.
Thanks to our generous donors, student matinee tickets are available at a significantly lower price than our public performances. In order to keep these performances accessible to students, CTC student matinee pricing applies to a maximum of 1 adult per 5 students (Maximum 1 adult per 1 student for special education programs and homeschools). See a full breakdown of prices here.
Click here for a calculator to help you determine how many adults you can bring.
Please attempt to only reserve the tickets you need. If enrollment is likely to increase, reserve just a few (1-3) more student seats than you currently need. You may drop seats until Final Numbers/Cancellation Deadline six weeks prior to performance however reserving significantly more seats than you will use prohibits other groups from attending. Student seats can be added at any time as long as tickets are still available.
Include teachers, support staff, parent chaperones, and bus drivers.
Minimum of 10 tickets required to keep reservation
ASL/AD services are available on Wednesday, March 8 at 10:30am
Waiting List Details
The smaller your group, the more likely it is that CTC will be able to accommodate you. Splitting between dates or attending with fewer adults makes it easier for CTC to accommodate your group.
Lunch Space Reservation Request
CTC offers a limited number of lunch reservation spaces for schools that come from a great distance, schools combining a trip to CTC with a trip to Mia, or schools that will miss lunch while at CTC. The lunch space, located in our lobbies, allows for a picnic-style lunch on the floor of the lobby. This is not private space and may be shared between multiple schools. CTC provides garbage cans but does not provide tables, chairs, or refrigeration.
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting our lunch space area to allow for social distancing between groups. Priority will be given to schools that drive the farthest distance. Help CTC keep lunch space available for groups who need it to make their trips possible and do not reserve lunch space unless you have no other options for eating.
CTC at Your School
In addition to field trip experiences, CTC’s Education Department offers School Residencies and Pre- and Post-Show Workshops. We send members of our trained Teaching Artist staff to your school for customizable experiences from hour-long workshops to semester-long residencies.
ACT Pass Ticket Subsidies
Subsidized ticket prices are available to school groups that have at least 20% Free/Reduced Lunch enrollment. See a full breakdown of prices here.
20-39% FRL: $2 discount per ticket
40-59% FRL: $3 discount per ticket
60-79% FRL: $4 discount per ticket
80-100% FRL: $5 discount per ticket
If your group qualifies for a Ticket Price subsidy, your invoice will reflect the discounted ticket price.
ACT Pass Transportation Subsidy
A limited number of Transportation Subsidies are available to schools that have at least 50% free and reduced lunch enrollment and/or are located at least 75 miles one way from CTC. Schools are responsible for paying for transportation and submitting proof of payment to CTC for reimbursement. One subsidy per school per school year.
- I have read the Student Matinee Ticketing Policies that govern all Student Matinee performance sales.
- If I need to drop seats or cancel my reservation, I have until Final Numbers/Cancellation Deadline, six weeks prior to performance. When that deadline passes, I am responsible for payment for all seats in my reservation.
- Payment is due four weeks prior to performance. If payment is late, my seats may be released to other groups at CTC’s discretion.
- This Ticket Request Form is not a guarantee of a reservation. If I do not receive confirmation from CTC within three weeks, it is my responsibility reach out to email@example.com.
- All sales are final. CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges if anyone is absent on the day of performance. CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges if my school group is unable to attend our scheduled performance for any reason.
CTC requires all patrons attending your field trip to wear a mask while inside the building. Our COVID safety policies will continue to be updated as the pandemic continues to evolve. You will receive an update via email with any major changes to these policies. Click here
for the full COVID-19 Safety Policy.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation of this request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your request went through.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.