COVID-19 Safety & Schedule Update
We are thrilled to be able to offer in-person performances this fall!
At CTC, the safety of our patrons, students, artists, and staff is our highest priority. We are consulting experts and developing plans for your return to the Children’s Theatre Company building as well as the return of our actors, musicians, and production staff.
We continue to monitor and follow the guidelines and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) as we develop and refine our COVID-19 Safety Practices & Policies to ensure a safe and clean experience for everyone. We will continue to update our practices and plans as circumstances and guidelines change.
Keeping Our Spaces Safe
June 10, 2021
What We’re Doing
- Until all children have access to a vaccine, we will require masks for our audience and staff. The exception will be our performers, who will not be masked while on stage during performances. We anticipate that our performers over the age of 12 will have been vaccinated. An exception will also be made for patrons when eating or drinking in designated areas.
- All CTC staff will have a health screening that includes a temperature check prior to each shift. There will be a designated COVID-19 safety officer at each performance.
- Concessions will be available via pre-order for pickup and consumption in a designated area, where social distancing is possible while eating and drinking.
- Programs will be left at your seat rather than handed out to reduce the potential for germ spread.
- Door handles, light switches, and other high-touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently with CDC & EPA recommended disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available for patron use throughout the lobby and entrance areas.
What We’ve Already Done
- The CTC building has been fitted with MERV-13 HVAC air filters to trap more contaminants and maximize the amount of fresh air circulating in the building. CTC is also installing IWave ionic air purification systems to all our HVAC systems.
- All public spaces will be thoroughly cleaned nightly and between each performance, and staff will be sanitizing surfaces consistently throughout the day.
- Touchless sinks, soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers, and toilets have been installed to reduce high-touch surfaces in our bathrooms.
- We’ve pivoted to mobile ticketing for all subscriber and single tickets, including rush tickets and lap passes. Tickets will be available in your CTC account three hours prior to performances, and can be scanned off any mobile device. If you do not have access to a mobile device, you may request printed tickets when you arrive at the theatre.
What We’re Asking You to Do
- Monitor your health, and the health of your family. If you feel ill for any reason, please do not come to the theatre. Your health and safety, and that of our other patrons, our artists and our staff is our highest priority.
- Purchase with Confidence! If you must miss your scheduled performance for health reasons, or if any performances need to be cancelled for any reason, ticketholders will be rescheduled at no charge, have their money held on account to be used at their convenience, or refunded.