Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kimberly Motes, Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is the world’s leading theatre for young people and their families and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the regional Tony Award, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
As a national leader in the field of theater for young audiences, Children’s Theatre Company is dedicated to increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future when our theatre is a home for all people, all families, reflective of our community.
Information on Internships can be found here.
Ticket Office Associate
Development/Special Events Internship
Position Title: Ticket Office Associate
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Associate. This is a part-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Provide service to customers in a manner consistent with the high quality performance and service standards of the Theatre by following customer service policies and procedures. Process single ticket, season ticket, and Theatre Arts Training class orders over the telephone, through the mail, and at the ticket office.
- Answer ticket office phone lines and help patrons in person at the ticket office in a pleasant and timely manner, providing a consistently high level of customer service.
- Process single ticket, season ticket, student matinee payments, and Theatre Arts Training orders by phone, mail or in person.
- Do external telemarketing calls to renewing subscribers.
- Complete necessary data entry, paperwork and procedures for accurate record-keeping and sales.
- Accurately process all forms of payment for reservations, including occasional cash transactions.
- Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.
- Provide additional ticket office and marketing support as required.
Preferred candidates will have a professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Candidate must be articulate and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as good attention to detail and sound decision making ability.
Experience with computerized ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) and phone sales preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel a plus. Previous experience in an arts organization a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must show a willingness to learn new technology and adapt easily to system changes.
MUST be available at least 12 hours per week; availability must include at least one weeknight AND one weekend day. Flexible night and weekend availability preferred.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Andrew Robertson – Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. Please include the name of the job or jobs to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Development/Special Events Internship
The Development Internship is designed for individuals interested in learning more about the field of resource development, with a concentration on special events. The ideal candidate for the internship will have exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the Curtain Call Ball—annual gala fundraiser—which will be held on Saturday, September 9, 2017 at Children’s Theatre Company.
- Learning outcomes: event planning, communication skills, team work, problem-solving, attention to detail, and time management.
- Solicitation and acceptance of silent/live/online auction donations. This could include assistance with research, solicitation mailings, solicitation calls, entering donations into Auction Harmony (software that tracks our items), and assisting the auction committees in the collection & presentation of the items.
- Learning outcomes: fundraising strategies/implementation, communication skills, database management, organization, and interpersonal relations.
- Input data, database clean-up and creation of reports for department.
- Learning outcomes: database management and analysis of data.
- Serve on the Curtain Call Ball Committee, Silent Auction Subcommittee, and the Communications Committee
- Learning outcomes: communication and leadership skills
- Assist with marketing efforts to excite guests who have already purchased tickets.
- Learning outcomes: communication and writing skills, organization, and marketing experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
To ensure an optimal experience, the following is required of the intern:
- The start date is negotiable but must be no later than June 6th. The internship will end in the middle/end of September depending on the start date. Limited time off will be granted if arranged at the start of the internship.
- Able to work 30 hours per week in June and July and 40 hours in August and September.
- Must be able to attend the Curtain Call Ball on September 9th.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Prior event experience preferred but not required.
To assist the intern with the costs associated with travel and other internship related expenses (e.g. appropriate event attire, as the event is black-tie/cocktail attire), CTC will provide a $1,200 stipend for 16 weeks of service. If internship time extends past the original 16 weeks, the stipend amount will be raised appropriately.
Deadline is May 12, 2017. Apply to this Internship
We are committed to diversity in the workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment decision on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. We do require a full background check for all of our employees.