Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Varies due to performance schedules
To provide excellent customer service and assist the rest of Front of House staff in ensuring that productions and events are safe, entertaining, and efficiently run. While the primary duties of this position will be front of house to start with, all employees will also be cross-trained in a variety of different departments including ticketing, safety and security, and events.
• Assist in making sure the lobby, theatre, and concession stand are set up before patrons arrive.
• Provide friendly service to patrons as they arrive, tear/scan tickets, help patrons find their seats, direct them to restrooms, answer questions about the theatre and shows, help with late seating, and watch the house for any general issue that arise before and during the performance.
• Work assigned concessions lanes and gift shop prior to the show, during intermission and post show in a quick and efficient manor while making accurate transactions using the Square sales system.
• Assist in making sure that the patrons all leave the theatre safely post performance. Help clean the theatre and restock concessions and gift shop for the next performance.
• Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
• Attend trainings and meetings as required
• Perform other duties as assigned by the House Manager and/or Performance Supervisor.
• Project the brand image of CTC through actions and behaviors at events and at the theatre
Must be able to work independently and self-motivate. Must be able to lift and move items (program boxes, concession boxes, merchandise, etc…) up to 50lbs, assist patrons up and down steps repeatedly, and stand for long periods of time. Must have a willingness to wear the required uniform (CTC provided shirt) Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Positive, calm, professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Excellent customer service and management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people. Good attention to detail and sound decision making ability during all types of situations, including ones involving high stress and emergencies. Must be able to work independently and self-motivate. A passion for the arts is a plus.
• Customer service experience including working with diverse groups of people
• Previous ushering or customer service experience in a non-profit or arts organization.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to quickly learn institutional programs such as Square and Paycom.
Certificates & Licenses:
The position is required to be certified in CPR/AED/First Aid. Training is provided for candidates who do not already possess this certification.
MUST be available at least two weeknights and one weekend day during the run of performances.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal/local
Work Schedule: Business hours
• Produce, develop and evaluate segmented email marketing campaigns.
• Monitor search engine optimization strategy.
• Collaborate with marketing, communications, production, artistic and development departments to create a marketing calendar of web projects and email marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with internal departments to create web sites and templates that meet specific needs.
• Build and analyze reports to track web engagement, email engagement, digital engagement and sales trends. Conduct analysis to better gauge results and future direction.
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends as they relate to web and email marketing.
• Building forms using Formstack
• 3 - 5 years of broad web design and email marketing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent required.
• Experience with website redesigns either on the technical or project management level is preferred
• A successful history of managing people and projects is critical.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura a plus, but not required.
• Communication – Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Adaptability - Ability to quickly shift direction and focus to respond to changing market conditions, workplace or new opportunities.
• Time Management - Ability to manage the available time to organize and complete work efficiently and effectively within given deadlines.
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Budget – Ability to plan and work within budget parameters.
• Client-Oriented - Ability to see internal departments such as fundraising or new play development as clients that need to be served at a high level while still managing the needs of the marketing department
• Proficiency in web design and coding including HTML, PHP, CMS (particularly Joomla and Wordpress).
• Experience with marketing email systems, integration with database or sales system preferred.
• Experience with non-linear video editing software; Premiere Pro preferred.
• Experience with online form building and PCI compliant data management.
• Proficiency in Dreamweaver, After Effects; Microsoft Office; Tessitura or other data driven ticketing systems helpful
Position Title: First Hand
Reports to: Costume Director
Assist Cutter/Draper in completion of costumes as assigned. Responsible for construction and decorative trimmings on men’s, women’s, and children’s period, contemporary and fantasy costumes. Assist in determination of best construction techniques and supporting materials based on renderings and supporting research. Function as part of a team to problem solve on specialty pieces.
- Cut and construct costume pieces as assigned.
- Assist in determination of best techniques for construction.
- Construct pieces start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Assist as needed in costume fittings.
- Assist in supervision of and instructions to stitchers as needed.
- Alter purchased or stock costume pieces as fitted.
- Assist in prep work for productions as assigned including, but not limited to, set up of show racks, pre-washing and pressing fabrics.
- Maintain and contribute to tidy and organized workspaces, including supply areas, fitting rooms, fabric storage areas, sewing area and work tables.
- Responsible for pacing assigned project work to meet all fitting and final deadlines.
- Assist in tracking inventory of shop supplies and request replacement supplies or special need supplies in a timely fashion. Barcode completed costumes for inventory purposes.
- Participate in general department activities including, but not limited to: warehouse runs to pull and restock costumes, organize and inventory shop supplies, clean and restock fitting rooms and work areas.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Expertise in all basic clothing construction techniques required. Experience using domestic and industrial machines.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience. Prefer experience in professional theater or high volume commercial costume shop.
- Problem solving and conceptual thinking ability. Detail oriented and organized with good time management skills.
- Work well as part of a team and contribute to a welcoming and positive shop atmosphere.
- Color vision and ability to wear respirators. Lifting and carrying 50 pounds.
Position Status: Seasonal full time, hourly. Includes comprehensive benefits plan.
Position included in collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 13, AFL-CIO.
Application Deadline: June 26, 2017
Start Date: September 18, 2017
To apply, email letter of interest and resume, in pdf format, with “First Hand” in the subject line to:
Ellen Baker, Production Manager, at email@example.com
COSTUME CUTTER/DRAPER – Over-hire position
Work as part of team for upcoming production of THE WIZ. Requires expertise in advanced draping, cutting, tailoring, hand and machine stitching, yardage estimation and fitting skills. Strong knowledge of Costume/Fashion history, fabric and notions identification and theatrical terminology. Ability to supervise and instruct First Hand and Stitchers and collaborate with Costume Director, Designer and Crafts/Dyer. 5 years minimum experience as Cutter/Draper required.
Dates: December 4, 2017 – January 26, 2018
STITCHER & COSTUME CRAFTS – Over-hire positions
Seeking experienced stitchers and costume crafts artisans to work as part of team for upcoming productions of THE ABOMINABLES, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, and THE WIZ.
Dates (may apply for one or more):
July 24, 2017 – September 8, 2017
September 25, 2017 – November 6, 2017
October 3, 2017 – November 6, 2017
December 4, 2017 – January 26, 2018
December 26, 2017 – January 22, 2018
October 16, 2017 – November 6, 2017
January 2, 2018 – January 26, 2018
WIG ASSISTANT – Over-hire position
Seeking experienced wig assistant to perform maintenance during run of shows and assist wig master with build and notes for upcoming productions of THE ABOMINABLES, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, THE WIZ and THE LORAX. 12 - 24 hours per week.
September 18, 2017 – October 27, 2017
December 4, 2017 – January 21, 2018
February 27, 2018 – April 14, 2018
Send letter, resume, and list of references to:
Ellen Baker, Production Manager, Children’s Theatre Company
CTC operates under a collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 13.
Position Title: Ticket Office Associate
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Associate. This is a part-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Provide service to customers in a manner consistent with the high quality performance and service standards of the Theatre by following customer service policies and procedures. Process single ticket, season ticket, and Theatre Arts Training class orders over the telephone, through the mail, and at the ticket office.
- Answer ticket office phone lines and help patrons in person at the ticket office in a pleasant and timely manner, providing a consistently high level of customer service.
- Process single ticket, season ticket, student matinee payments, and Theatre Arts Training orders by phone, mail or in person.
- Do external telemarketing calls to renewing subscribers.
- Complete necessary data entry, paperwork and procedures for accurate record-keeping and sales.
- Accurately process all forms of payment for reservations, including occasional cash transactions.
- Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.
- Provide additional ticket office and marketing support as required.
Preferred candidates will have a professional attitude with pleasant disposition and a desire to be a team player. Candidate must be articulate and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as good attention to detail and sound decision making ability.
Experience with computerized ticketing system (preferably Tessitura) and phone sales preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel a plus. Previous experience in an arts organization a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must show a willingness to learn new technology and adapt easily to system changes.
MUST be available at least 12 hours per week; availability must include at least one weeknight AND one weekend day. Flexible night and weekend availability preferred.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Andrew Robertson – Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the job or jobs to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
We are committed to diversity in the workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status. We do require a full background check for all of our employees.