Student Matinee Information
Homeschool families have two options to access tickets to weekday student matinees.
CTC Homeschool Program
CTC’s Homeschool Program provides student matinee tickets to students who are receiving their education through homeschooling or virtual education. Homeschool Program tickets are $10 each with a $3 per ticket online service fee. There is no minimum ticket requirement; however, payment is required at the time of reservation. These tickets can only be purchased online and can only be purchased by families who are enrolled in the Homeschool Program.
After acceptance into the program, families will receive an email when tickets are available for purchase online. Membership in the CTC Homeschool Program is valid for 2 school years.
Homeschool tickets are NOT available for:
- Any student who attends a public, private, or charter school including part-time preschools or daycares. These groups are welcome to access tickets through a field trip with their school, day of show rush tickets or by attending a public performance.
- Friends/family who are not directly involved with your students’ homeschool education (e.g. grandparents, neighbors, etc.).
- Homeschool groups are subject to Student Matinee ticketing policies.
- All student matinee sales are final. Paid tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges for unused tickets. CTC does not provide refunds or vouchers for anyone absent on the day of the performance.
- It is considered an abuse of the student matinee program to resell, trade, or auction CTC student matinee tickets for profit.
- Lap passes are available for performances on the UnitedHealth Group Stage for students ages 3 and under. Lap passes are $5 each and can be purchased on the day of the performance. Lap pass tickets are NOT available for Snow White or Spamtown, USA in the Cargill theatre.
Accessibility for Student Matinees
Children’s Theatre Company is committed to ensuring that field trips are successful for all students. To help us do so, please indicate any special needs such as visual or hearing impairments, mobility limitations, or sensory sensitivities in your ticket request form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Theatre Company’s performance spaces, classrooms, and restrooms are accessible according to ADA guidelines. Please note that the balconies in the UnitedHealth Group Stage are NOT accessible by an elevator.
- Wheelchair seating in the UnitedHealth Group Stage is on the main floor in Row O.
- Wheelchair seating in the Cargill Stage is in Row A. Accessible restrooms are located in the Target and Cargill Lobby.
If you or a student requires wheelchair seating, please make note in your reservation or email email@example.com so that we can better serve you.
American Sign Language interpreted student matinee performances are available. Please let us know if you plan on utilizing these services. If you are unable to attend the scheduled performances listed below, we are sometimes able to schedule additional ASL interpreted performances. We request at least 3 weeks notice to schedule interpretation.
Assistive Listening Devices
Both the UnitedHealth Group and Cargill Stages are requipped with Assistive Listening Devices for our patrons who require additional audio support in performances. Headsets are available to use free of charge at the Audience Support Station in the theatre lobbies. Consult your audiologist to answer questions about which audio cables you need to connect your hearing technology or cochlear implant to the ALD if you do not wish to use the provided headset.
Low Vision or Blind
Audio Described student matinee performances are available. If you are unable to attend the scheduled performances listed below, we are sometimes able to schedule additional Audio Described. We request at least 3 weeks notice to schedule this service. CTC is happy to reserve seats close up for students with visual impairments. Touch tours available upon request.
Sensory Processing Sensitivities
Students are welcome to enjoy the show however they see fit however we understand that sometimes the theatre experience may be a sensory overload for some students. Students are welcome to bring fidgets, manipulatives, or support objects. Noise canceling headphones are available upon request. Our lobbies have a live feed monitor that allows students to watch from the lobby if needed. The UnitedHealth Group Stage has a quiet room that allows students to hear and see the play with a separation from the audience.
ASL/AD Student Matinees
Cinderella – Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 10:30am
Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds – Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 10:30am (ASL only) and Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 10:30am.
The Rainbow Fish – Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 10:30am
Annie – Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 10:30am
CTC offers a limited number of lunch space reservations for schools attending a Student Matinee.
The lunch space, located in our lobbies, allows for a picnic-style lunch on the floor. CTC does not provide tables, chairs, or refrigeration. Garbage cans are provided. Lunch Space may be shared between multiple groups.
Lunch space reservation fee: $25
Request lunch space when requesting tickets. Lunch space is limited and therefore not guaranteed for every group.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the theatre.
- Concessions are not available for purchase during Weekday Student Matinees.
- Lunch space is available for 45 minutes immediately following your performance.
- School groups must use the trash bins designated by the theatre to dispose of all trash before leaving the space.
- For the health and safety of people with severe allergies, please ask everyone in your party to pack a lunch that is nut free.
- Lunch space must be reserved prior to arriving for your field trip.